Our health is the most important thing that we can exert a level of control over. However, too often, we take our general good health for granted and only when we feel unwell we become aware of how precious it is.
Ensuring you stay healthy for longer is now a goal for many and there are some easy ways to eat healthily and keep lean. Listed below are easy steps that may not only improve your health significantly but also have a marked impact on improving your overall quality of life.
Here are some ways to eat healthily:
- Eat enough calories but not too much.
- Eat a variety of foods, especially vegetables and fruits.
- Keep portion moderate, especially high-calorie foods.
- You can enjoy your favorite sweets and fried foods in moderation.
- The best way to add healthy sweetness to your meals is to use sweet vegetables such as yams or sweet potatoes that reduce your desire for other sweets.
One of the simplest steps to make towards a healthier you is to change your diet. Most Western diets are high in saturated fats and sugars which, when combined with the lack of activity, can lead to obesity and increased risk of many debilitating and even life-threatening conditions.