Casting is often an important way to create parts used in engine applications where vibration is often a factor. Cast steel has a lower damping capacity of cast iron, which can be quickly abundance of vibration and sound through the ring or shrill.
‘Cast steel castings’ (Also known as ‘การหล่อเหล็ก’ in the Thai language) are used when cast irons can not deliver enough power and shock resistance. Precision measuring machines ensure dimensional accuracy and repeatability on any part of the precision castings.
Stainless steel casting process: Patterns made in wax and wax framework gating independently organized for the casting process.
Examples and gating framework and plunge collected in a semi-liquid mixture of stubborn covering material such as tetraethyl silicate, silica, magnesium, ethyl alcohol, hydrochloric acid, and so forth.
Advantages of stainless steel casting:
- Very close tolerances and surface finish quality can be obtained.
- Complex shapes are complicated by other techniques are possible.
- Suitable for producing complex shapes where another production process is too expensive and time-consuming.
- No flash or parting lines!
- Almost any metal can be cast by investment casting
- Ready to be used with little or no engine required.
- Expensive because of a lot of labor involved in the preparation of the wax pattern and shell mold
To provide better quality, stainless steel casting producers do chemical analysis, mechanical strength test, Charpy test, Brinell hardness testing, NDT X-Ray, and pressure testing.
Material certification of 3rd party laboratories that are often given to international customers and be able to follow these standards: ASTM, SAE, AISI, and BS. tight tolerances can be controlled to 5 um level for most.